For the organist who has just taken “to the bench” or the accomplished organist hoping to share skills with a prodigy, The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod has compiled organ instruction videos intended to assist building skills. The six online organ instructional videos will help organists with accompanying of hymnody and liturgy.
The six video segments, 8-10 minutes each, focus on various topics of service playing:
- Organ Registration — What do all these names mean and how do I know which stops to use?
- Hymn Introductions — How to add variety and interest.
- Hymn Playing — How to lead the singing of the congregation with appropriate tempo, pulse, and phrasing.
- Liturgy Playing — Ideas for leading Divine Service, Setting One.
- Liturgy Playing — Ideas for leading Divine Service, Setting Three.
- Leading New Hymns and Liturgical Settings — How to help yourself and your congregation.